Thursday, March 25, 2010

HD? No Thanks

One of the many reasons I have not gotten a PS3 or XBox360 (a major one having no job at the moment) is that, apparently you should get an HD television in order to fully enjoy the graphics of the games. It's not needed, but highly recommended.

To this, I say:screw that.

Basically, if I were to buy one of the aformentioned systems for approx. 300, I SHOULD also get a an HDtv, which costs, what, 300-400? Why would I spend that amount of money when I have several perfectly fine standard definition tvs to play games and watch movies on?

Frankly, the thing about HD tv is I simply do not give a flying fig newton about it. I've heard watching sports on it is WONDERFUL, but the thing is, I don't watch sports. And I've heard many people having problems with their HD televisions. I just turn on my 20 inch standard definition tv and I'm ready to go. I quite like it. I even have my XBox and PS1 hooked up to a standard 13-inch. I bet that blows some people's minds. And am I wrong, or does one have to pay a monthly fee for the privilage of HD?

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't see the greatness of HD or Blue-Ray, for that matter. (Again, were I to get a Blue Ray player, I would need an HD tv to really enjoy it. I suppose. I'll stick with DVDs for now, thanks.)

Right now, I am very much enjoying (and often being blown away by) my last gen systems and games. Sorry to repeat myself, but I do not see the point of HDtv right now. I really don't.

Does this preclude my ever getting an HDtv, X360 or PS3 in the future? Hell no. When prices go down more (and they will, trust me) and I need a new tv, maybe.

Am I forgetting the Wii, which still has standard definition graphics? No. It's just the Wii is a piece of gimmicky crap. It would still be gimmicky crap if it it did have HD graphics. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment