Monday, March 29, 2010

Games to movies


I was watching a preview of the coming movie adaptation of Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time on tv (it really does look awesome), and I got to thinking of videogame movies (or rather, the good ones). There are not that many, but two of my favorites (which I own on disc) are Silent Hill and Doom. Yes, Doom. A lot of of critics and game players hated on the film, but I quite enjoy it. Sure, the monsters are mutated humans, and not demons from hell, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous. And the five minute 1st person section of the film is pure genius, IMHO.

Silent Hill is also well done, and pretty frightening actually. Other than the ending (they're ghosts now? What did I miss?) I really like this film.

So what about you guys? Any video game movie adaptations that you enjoy? Disagree with my faves? If you don't have any faves, which ones do you hate? (And writing 'anything by Ewe Boll' is a very good answer.) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment