Friday, April 23, 2010

Ticked off, pissed off and generally annoyed



Sorry if this blog has zip to do with videogames, but there were a couple of things on the internet that make me just hate my fellow man, with a passion. And I'm really not fond of people in general.
Lane Bryant Lingerie add banned by Fox and CBS:
As you may or may not know, Lane Bryant makes clothes for 'larger women', or to put it another way, for women who actually look like normal, healthy women but in this ass-backwards society would be considered 'fat,' I quite honestly find such women very attractive, since, you know, they actually look like women instead of the size 0 bobbleheaded skeletons that are considered attractive nowadays. Lane Bryant did what I consider a very tasteful add of a very pretty 'full-figured' woman trying on different underwear before going on a dinner date. I think they show more skin on 'The Hills' (also full of bobbleheads). Check it: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/banned-lane-bryant-lingerie-ad?cb=1272024994984&contribution=false
Fox and CBS basically banned this commercial because the model was 'showing too much cleavage'. WTF?
OMG! We can't have little Billy see this much cleavage on television! It will turn him into a raging sex pervert!!
Another excuse is that her breasts are too large. Let me type that again:her breasts are too large. I may be biased, being a straight guy and all, but what is the problem with a pretty girl having too large breasts (that I am sure are real, not fake? ).THIS can't be shown on television, though, oh no.
K'now how I see it? The fuckheads in charge of adverising do not want show happy, full figured woman in cute underwear. Replace the model in the commercial with a skinny bitch with fake boobs and everything would be hunky dorry, right? God forbid girls love their body's, no matter what size they are. And so the discrimination against women look they are supposed to, or even slightly overweight, continues.
I would like to hear comments on this matter. You know where I stand. There was another subject I wanted to rant about (IGN and their list of "Funniest movies of all time.:) I have problems not with the list, but with the morons who commented on the list. Almost all consisted of "Why isn't Dumb and Dumber on the list?" Because it's an insult to comedy, moron. http://movies.ign.com/articles/674/674712p1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment