Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two new (ok, technically used) DS games


Y'know, I really hate Nintendo with their "we know what the consumer wants, let's not bother asking them" attitude and yet making barrels of cash from it, and the Wii is a piece of garbage fit only for very young or very ancient people to "play", but damned if I don't like the DS. Granted, there is still too much kiddy garbage "games" floating around for my taste, but I find myself using my shiny silver DS lite quite a lot.


I got two used games from Gamestop yesterday (not gonna pay 30-35 bucks for a new game, can't afford it, but damn I would love to get Dementium II, coming out next week. Oh well.) Those games are Lunar Knights, which came out several years ago and got (warrented) excellent reviews, and Big Mutha Truckers (say what?) which I did not even know there was a DS version of (I have BMT 2 for the XBOX, so I am familiar with the game.) I had not seen those games anywhere else, so I had to snap them up or probably only get them online for ridiculous prices.) Lunar Knights was only 10 bucks, and BMT was only a fiver.

Both are great games. LK is a dungeon crawler/RPG/shooter made by the same guy who did the Metal Gear games (seriously) and is as fun and well done as you would think. BMT is a fun little game with 3D graphics where you drive a truck and make deliveries to make money to improve your truck. It's more fun than it sounds.

Gotta love it when you find games you never expected to find at a good price. Never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment