Monday, April 12, 2010

Going for the gore



With the remake/reboot/rethinking of Splatterhouse coming out soon (ok, this September, but it's been in development hell forever)and looking gruesomely awesome in screenshots, and the remake/reboot/rehiring of A Nightmare On Elm Street coming out at the end of the month and looking like it's gonna kick ass, I thought I'd ask the age old question of what youse guys favorite horror videogames are. Not just the ones that almost made you crap your undies, also those that are not necessarily scary but are overflowing with gore and other assorted body parts. I thought I'd mention that I played and loved the original Splatterhouse on the PC Engine and loved it; I'm thinking good thoughts about the new game, and also think the original NOES is a horror classic, although the remake looks pretty sweet. Just so I could, y'know, date myself.

So what are your faves? Remember, not just scares, but could wholesome gory fun. To get the blood flowing, here are some of mine:

Scary:Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly

Gory and fun:Obscure:The Aftermath

Scary and Gory:Manhunt

So, who wants to put their heads on the chopping block?

No comments:

Post a Comment