Friday, January 11, 2013

One of the bigest arguements in the video gaming community is to buy games new or used. I'm not going to get into the pros and cons of each side; this is a blog, not an editorial. I will tell you that I am for the selling of used games, forever and ever, amen. Course there won't be used games when everthing goes digital in the near future, but as of right now when you can get physical disks or cartridges, I almost always buy used.
Yeah, I know, the developers don't get money for used games. I'm not trying stick it to them. I will buy new games if they are a reasonable price, which for me is 5 to 20 dollars. There will be snowball fights in hell before I ever pay 60 dollars for a video game, no matter how wonderful a game is. Besides, wait long enough and the price will go down. I can wait, I am a patient man. (Not really, I just wanted to type the proceeding sentence, it looks cool.)
So, used games. Since I am frugal (or a cheapskate, depending on your view) I have many, many more games than if I paid full price for them. Of course, many of them I've barely played, but that's beside the point. I think. Plus I will buy games that have gotten horrible reviews to see for myself if they are indeed that horrible. Games like Duke Nukem Forever and Legendary can be viewed from an entirely different angle if you pay only 5 for them used instead of 60. For the record, I'm kinda liking both these games, but again, I paid only 5...also, I am very easily entertained.
Don't even get me started on DLC. Yes, you can choose whether or not to buy it, but the fact remains you are paying extra for stuff that should be on the disk in the first place. Point being, DLC makes me a little annoyed at the developers for doing this, which edges me ever closer to buying used games.
Which side do you fall? Am I being an asshat for mostly buying used?




Comments (0)







 


No comments:

Post a Comment