Sunday, January 6, 2013

Got a PSP and some games to go with it

Although I have gotten a XBox 360 and love the thing to death, I have also been lucky enough to aquire a PSP 3000, which I also love. Bought used, of course. Thing is, it's harder to find PSP games than I thought. A lot of Gamestops have stopped selling anything related to the PSP, and although you can still find DS games at most other chain stores, these same stores don't sell PSP games. I didn't realize that at the time I got the PSP...oops.
Fortunately, I have found a bunch of good games for the handheld. Some of them are as follows:
Kingdom Hearts:Birth By Sleep-yet another entry in the increasing convoluted Kingdom Hearts saga, this is a great looking and great playing action RPG. (But c'mon, SquareEnix, where is Kingdom Hearts 3 already?)
The 3rd Birthday-The third entry in the Parasite Eve series, this game is very different from the first two games...it plays like a third person shooter, but with some very interesting ideas added.
Alien Syndrome-Basically a dungeon hack and slash with aliens and guns instead of swords and monsters, but it works really well.
Untold Legends:The Warriors Code-a more typical dungeon hack and slasher. Nothing wrong with that.
Dantes Inferno-it may be a God of War clone , but it's a GOOD God of War clone.
Darkstalkers Chronicle:The Chaos Tower-all three Darkstalkers 2D fighting games on one disk. Sweet.
Killzone:Liberation-a top down shooter instead of a first person shooter? I thought it wouldn't be any good at first...then I played it. I was wrong.
Kingdom of Paradise: Kingdom of Wha? This is a hidden gem, an action RPG with a very cool fighting system.
Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII-holy crap, this game is on a handheld? A great game for anyone who loves FF VII (as I do), and a great action RPG in general.
God of War:Chains of Olympus-a GOW game on the PSP. Nuff said.
Lord of Arcana:basically Monster Hunter. Not a bad thing at all.
Resistance:Retribution-I have not played any of the PS3 trilogy, but OMG this game is awesome!
Pursuit Force:Extreme Justice-the sequel to..well, Pursuit Force. Silly name, great game.
Full Auto 2:Battlelines-racing cars+weapons=fun.
Gradius Collection-5 game emulations of the classic arcade series. Shmup bliss.
Patapon-a very surreal rhythm/strategy/action game mash-up. Works really well, though.
Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters-the dynamic duo on a handheld.  Like the other games in the series, great stuff.
I will probably review several of these games in future blogs. You have been warned.



No comments:

Post a Comment