Wednesday, January 2, 2013

into The Darkness

I've been wanting to play The Darkness for a long time, and finally have the chance. I'm a fan of the comic the game is based on, and although there are some (unavoidable) differences, I've played a couple hours in and can sum it up in one word.
Awesome.
The level of detail in the graphics is incredible. I feel like I am in the game world, and not just a pair of floating hands (and occasional tentacles and serpent heads). The voice acting is top notch, the music is phenominal, the story is interesting and mature, and not in that blood and naked girls sort of way.
The meat of the game, the gunplay and use of Darkness powers, is done very well. I have yet to aquire some of the cooler abilities, but still feel like a badass. But you can't just go in guns blazing and rely on your Darkness powers, as light is your enemy and will drain you, while shadows are your friend.
Looking forward to playing more of this great game. Anyone else played The Darkness?

No comments:

Post a Comment