Thursday, July 8, 2010

Games for makeup!



My wife goes to this forum called Makeup Alley, where women, and the occasional gay man, obsess over, well, makep. They also do swaps, usually for makeup, but for other stuff too. A woman was swapping a bunch of GBA games, and my wife, knowing my own obsession with video games, asked if I wanted anything off the list. Many of the games were serious under 10 kiddie games, but a few looked very interesting, Namely the three games pictured up top. Now anyone who reads this blog knows I'm not a big Mario fan, but Super Mario 3 IS a fun game, and I'd never played a Mario Kart game before. And I've always loved Sonic, even though the poor guys' last 10 games were terrible.

So Donna was willing to trade a limited edition Mac lipstick (which was pretty expensive, so she tells me) as well as some hair product samples. The woman who was swapping the GBA carts agreed to the three (I had actually been expecting one, which would have been fine for me, as none of these games are cheap, even used. But Donna assured me that the lipstick was NOT cheap by any means, she just happened to have gotten a duplicate for Christmas.)

So I got the games in the mail last week, and they are all pretty cool. We have not gotten a response from the woman who got the lipstick, I hope she likes it, honestly. And thanks to my wife, I got 3 good GBA games, technically free. She's even played some Super Mario Bros. 3, which is just as hard as I remembered it. (I played the games as part of Super Mario All Stars for the Super Nintendo.) All in all, pretty cool.

In movie news, I saw Knight and Day at the movies and liked it a lot. Lots of action with some funny dialogue thrown in. Also saw the Wolf Man remake (re-imagining?) on DVD. Thought it was pretty good, can't compare it to the classic original 'cause I haven't seen it! Really should get on that.

Oh, and I got the 20th anniversary Transformers The Movie soundtrack on cd with bonus tracks for only 5 bucks at half.com. I also have the soundtrack on tape, but that's 20+ years old and probably melted by now. I heard The Touch on that Transformers:War for Cybertron commercial and remembered how much I love that song and the rest of the soundtrack. Gonna rip the songs from the cd to my MP3 player so I can listen to them anywhere, too.

And yes, I really want T:WfC, but don't have a PS3 or X360 yet. I'll just have to wait till all are one...I mean, till I get a new system.

By the way, is it really freakin' hot, or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment