Monday, June 28, 2010

Flying the Unfriendly Skies


So, how's everyone doing? Man, it is hot here. Can't sleep, it's so hot. So I'm playing video games naked. (Kidding. Not wearing a shirt, though. My pale skin doth glow in the light of the television screen.)

So I'm playing Taito Legends 2, which is not only an awesome retro compilation, it's chock full of shoot em-up (shmup) goodness. I remember when the arcades were full of shooters, and I loved pumping quarters into those, even though I usually sucked at them. Still had a blast...um, blasting stuff. And sometimes I could get into the groove of the shooter...dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot, mega bomb, shoot, oh crap here comes the boss aaaannd I'm dead.

Now shmups, like arcades, are pretty much on life support. Xbox 360 live arcade does have a bunch of them, many new, so that's good. Don't have one of those yet,(new slim model looks cool though) so I make due with what shooters the PS1 and PS2 have in their library.

Does anyone here have a favorite shmup, either from the glory days of the arcade or on console? Or a series of shmups, for that matter?

Back to Taito Legends 2. There are a couple of bosses that are really ticking off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment